Friday, February 16, 2018

PTI 11th Anniversary Day 8: Color Challenge



Okay, this was a fun one.  Normally I struggle with color combo challenges, but I saw the rainbow hues and it sparked an idea right away.  I pulled out the Rickrack Border die and this is the result.  (edited to add a better photo)

 

Doesn't the rickrack make an unusual rainbow?  I cut it from six different colors of cardstock: Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Green Parakeet, Hawaiian Shores, and Amethyst Allure.  I glued them on a diagonal onto a white piece of cardstock and then matted it with black cardstock.  I stamped one of my favorite sentiments from the Movers & Shakers Sentiments set in black ink.  I cut two white clouds using the Clouds 1 & 2 dies, embossed them with the Swiss Dots folder by Cuttlebug, and added some shading with Copic markers.  I adhered them next to the rainbow with foam tape for dimension.  I then glued the whole thing onto a white card base.

Simple and colorful!  This would be a great pick-me-up for a struggling friend.  You can see the other color combos and cards made with them on the Papertrey Ink blog here.

Stamps:  Movers & Shakers Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, True Black, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Green Parakeet, Hawaiian Shores, Amethyst Allure (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Rickrack Border die, Clouds 1 & 2 dies (Papertrey Ink); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Copic 0 and C1



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!