Sunday, February 18, 2018

PTI 11th Anniversary Day 10: Stripes Challenge


I'm back to post my card for the final Papertrey Ink 11th anniversary challenge.  This time it's to use stripes on our project.  My stripes are subtle, but they definitely sparkle!  (edited to add better photos)



I embossed a piece of white cardstock with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder by Stampin' Up.  Using a glue pen, I added glitter to the narrow stripes in the pattern.  It is so pretty in real life!  I plan to get a better picture once I have daylight again.  I glued the embossed panel onto a white card base.

I used the Life is Beautiful dies by Papertrey Ink to cut the butterfly layers from Lilac Grace and Winter Wisteria cardstock.  I covered the Lilac Grace butterfly with glitter for lots of extra sparkle.  I glued the butterfly together just in the center, curled the layers for some dimension, and then glued it to a black stitched cardstock circle.


I stamped my sentiments from the Life is Beautiful set by Papertrey Ink onto white cardstock.  I cut the smallest sentiment into a narrow strip and popped it up with foam tape.  I matted the large sentiment with black cardstock and glued it underneath the other one.

It's a simple and elegant design.  I especially love the sparkle!  It's been fun to participate in all the anniversary challenges this year.  You can see other stripe-infused designs for the challenge at the Papertrey Ink blog here.

Stamps:  Life is Beautiful (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, True Black, Lilac Grace, Winter Wisteria (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Life is Beautiful dies (Papertrey Ink); Stitched Banner Duo 2 die (Pretty Pink Posh); Stylish Stripes embossing folder (Stampin' Up); Sugar Cube glitter (Martha Stewart); glue pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!