Saturday, July 15, 2017

Brooke's Bridal Shower Gift

This morning is the bridal shower for Brooke, the fiance of my nephew Ryan, so I'm sure it's safe to post pictures of her gift.  I don't know her very well since I just met her last Sunday.  I decided to duplicate the gift I made for Meghan and use Brooke's wedding colors for the gift box.  I figured most girls like jewelry, right?   :)



Again, I used a fourteen-nugget box pattern that I had saved from Splitcoaststampers about ten years ago.  It's the perfect size for gifting jewelry.


I cut two pieces of Dark Indigo cardstock according to the pattern instructions and stamped the wrap-style cover in silver ink with a heart border from the Simple Valentine stamp set by Papertrey Ink.  I did it on an angle to draw the eye to the large butterfly.


Like I stated for Meghan's gift box, I absolutely love how the butterfly turned out.  I used two different die sets by Stampin' Up - Butterflies and Bold Butterfly.  I also used the Bitty Butterfly punch by Stampin' Up.  For the large detailed butterfly on the bottom, I cut it from Crisp Canteloupe cardstock and covered the entire thing with glitter.  Hopefully you can see the sparkle in the pictures.
 

The second butterfly layer, also detailed, is cut from silver glitter paper.  Have I mentioned before how much I love sparkle?  lol  On a smaller solid butterfly die cut of Crisp Canteloupe cardstock, I stamped a butterfly from Butterfly Basics by Stampin' Up in Crisp Canteloupe ink and added a detailed vellum butterfly on top. The smallest and final butterfly layer is from silver glitter paper using the Bitty Butterfly punch.  All those pieces make an absolutely gorgeous butterfly!


 

I die cut a circle from Dark Indigo cardstock and stamped it with Background Basics: Text Style by Papertrey Ink using Dark Indigo ink.  I glued my layered butterfly directly to the circle and used foam tape to adhere it to the box to give it some dimension, adding some sheer white ribbon underneath.

I cut a piece of Dark Indigo cardstock with the Building Blocks die by Papertrey Ink and stamped a sentiment from Custom Tee by Stampin' Up, embossing it with white powder.  Isn't that sentiment perfect for a bridal shower gift?  I mounted the piece with foam tape directly over the ribbon.


The wrap-style box cover slides off and inside is the necklace and earrings that I made for Brooke. (same design as Meghan's with a different monogram, of course)  I cut a piece of batting to fit the box so the jewelry would be protected and stay in place inside.


The necklace itself is a simple design.  I added an initial charm to the center of the chain and created four different dangles so there would be two on each side.


One charm is a tiny silver flower, one is a rhinestone ball, one is a butterfly, and one is a silver ball with a faceted crystal underneath.  I used the butterfly charms and faceted crystals to create matching earrings.



Brooke's gift took me a lot less time since I had already done the design work for Meghan's gift.  It was just a matter of changing the colors.  I love the pairing of navy blue and coral.  Very striking!  I hope Brooke appreciates the time spent to create something unique for her.  I'm very proud of both of these bridal shower gifts.  They are a labor of love!

Stamps:  Butterfly Basics, Custom Tee (Stampin' Up); Simple Valentine, Background Basics: Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  VersaMark; Dark Indigo (Papertrey Ink); Crisp Canteloupe (Stampin' Up); Silver Ultimate Metallic (Encore)
Paper:  Dark Indigo, vellum (Papertrey Ink); Crisp Canteloupe, Silver Glimmer (Stampin' Up)
Dies:  Butterflies dies, Bold Butterfly dies (Stampin' Up); Building Blocks die (Papertrey Ink); Standard Circles Large die (Spellbinders)
Misc:  Bitty Butterfly punch (Stampin' Up); Sugar Cube glitter (Martha Stewart); Opaque Vanilla White embossing powder (Wow); ribbon; glue pen; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!