Saturday, March 11, 2017

PTI Past, Present and Future 2015: Bitty Hello


It feels weird to post this out of order, but as I still haven't made a 2014 card, I wanted to go ahead and get this card posted.  I don't have any of the featured 2015 sets, so I chose to use Bitty Bouquets which was released that year.  My card is mainly a CASE of a design by Betsy Veldman found here.  The past six weeks have been hard.  Heart-wrenching hard.  Lately, I have felt depleted.  My mojo was struggling, to say the least.  I needed to create something.  This sweet design was perfect for me.


I used two bouquets from the stamp set.  After cutting them from white cardstock with the matching dies, I stamped my flowers using Ripe Avocado, Hibiscus Burst, and Blueberry Sky ink.  I cut a vase using the Mega Gracious Vases dies and stamped it with the matching image in Stormy Sea ink.  I rolled the edge of the stamp in Smokey Shadow ink before doing so.  It looks so cool!  I glued the flowers in the vase.

I stitched a piece of dotted Sheer Basics vellum on a Spring Rain card base using my sewing machine.  I haven't done that in ages!  I cut a scalloped Keep It Simple Frames die from white cardstock and stamped a sentiment from Bitty Bouquets in black ink.  After gluing it in place on the card, I added my floral vase using foam tape for dimension.

Two more cards to go to finish the Past, Present and Future challenges!  I hope to get them done soon.  You can see other cards made for the 2015 Papertrey Ink showcase here.  

Stamps:  Bitty Bouquets, Mega Gracious Vases (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Hibiscus Burst, Blueberry Sky, Ripe Avocado, Stormy Sea, Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Spring Rain, Sheer Basics Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Misc: Bitty Bouquets dies, Mega Gracious Vases dies, Keep It Simple Frames dies (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine; white thread; foam tape


1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!