Saturday, March 11, 2017

PTI 10th Anniversary Stitching Challenge: Rainbow Hello


I made a card for the first day of the Papertrey Ink 10th Anniversary celebration.  Lizzie Jones will be doing a Stitching Focus feature every month on Nichole Heady's blog and this first one showcased the Stitched Coasters dies which I do not own.  The challenge was to make a project inspired by the showcased coasters.  #1 and #5 caught my eye and I got the idea to use A Little Argyle to copy some of the elements.




I liked the rainbow colors of coaster #5 and the crossed circles of coaster #1, so I cut circles using the Scent-imentals dies from Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, New Leaf, Blueberry Sky, and Amethyst Allure cardstock.  I stamped a row of X's from A Little Argyle in a row on Smokey Shadow cardstock and embossed them with white powder.  I also did the same thing directly on the circles.  Then I glued the circles in place, matching the lines.  It's a fun look!


In the process of looking for a die to fit the sentiment I chose from Scattered Showers Additions, I stumbled across the Beaded Holiday: Garland dies from the Quick Stitch: Beaded Holiday kit that was released a while back.  I used the longest strip die and layered some Bright Buttercup cardstock under the holes for an extra pop of color.  After stamping the sentiment in Smokey Shadow ink, I added a Pure Poppy heart from the Scent-imentals dies.  I trimmed off one end of the strip after gluing it to the Smokey Shadow panel.  How perfect is that?  It fit right in with the stitching theme.  Sweet serendipity!

I cut the large Wonderful Words: Hello die from Orange Zest Bitty Dot patterned paper and twice from white cardstock.  I layered them all together, off-setting the dotted piece to get a white shadow effect.  I glued it in place over the sentiment strip and then mounted the whole thing to an Orange Zest card base.

I had no idea where this card was going when I started, but I really love the finished design!  Look for more stitched inspiration here.

Stamps:  A Little Argyle, Scattered Showers Additions (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  VersaMark; Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Bright Buttercup, New Leaf, Blueberry Sky, Amethyst Allure, Orange Zest Bitty Dot (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Scent-imentals dies, Wonderful Words: Hello die, Beaded Holiday: Garland die (Papertrey Ink); white embossing powder (Filigree)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!