Monday, February 20, 2017

PTI Past, Present and Future 2010: Sending Hugs


I'm finally back to post another card for Papertrey Ink's celebration of ten years in business.  For 2010, I own two of the featured sets:  Love Lives Here and Beautiful Blooms II.  I chose to use Love Lives Here, because I bought it used ages ago and had yet to get it inky on a card.  It was about time!  I combined it with another set called Big Hugs.


For my card, I adhered a strip of Pure Poppy patterned paper to the bottom of a white card base.  I cut a piece of white cardstock with the Stitched Scalloped Borders die by Lawn Fawn and layered it on top.  I cut the large Hugs word from Dark Chocolate cardstock, doubling it for thickness.  I love the Big Hugs dies!  I also cut two Love Lives Here hands from both Kraft and Pure Poppy cardstock.  Yes, one of them is upside down.  I thought it would look more like two hands hugging if they weren't facing the same direction.

I glued the large word to the card, making sure to layer the hands underneath.  I added clear Wink of Stella to the hearts for some shimmer.  Then, I stamped the banner sentiment from Big Hugs above and the heart sentiment from Love Lives Here underneath in Dark Chocolate ink.

Simple, but I really like it!  You can see other cards celebrating 2010 at Nichole Heady's blog here.

Stamps:  Love Lives Here, Big Hugs (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy Pattern Pack (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Love Lives Here die, Big Hugs die (Papertrey Ink); Stitched Scalloped Borders die (Lawn Fawn); clear Wink of Stella pen

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!