Thursday, February 16, 2017

PTI Past, Present and Future 2009: Chair-ished


I love this little card.  Just had to say that first!  On My Couch is one of my favorite Papertrey Ink stamp sets and it's one of the five featured for the year 2009.  I actually have four of them, so it was somewhat difficult to choose what to use.  These adorable little upholstered chairs won out.


I stamped the chairs on Happy Spots paper, which I recently purchased during the anniversary sale.  I am completely smitten by polka dots, so I also bought lots of bitty dot pattern paper.  So many pretty colors!  Expect to see it in future projects.  Anyway, I hand-cut the chairs to do paper piecing.

I cut my card base from Kraft cardstock with the Don't Forget to Write scalloped notecard die.  I stamped the sentiment along the bottom in Dark Chocolate ink.  Above it, I stamped the narrow oval rug in Classic Kraft ink.  I stamped the two chairs on the rug using Dark Chocolate ink and then added the little solid furniture feet in the same color. I also stamped the cat atop one of the chairs.

I glued down the patterned paper and voila - darling little polka chairs!  At the last minute, I decided I needed a pillow, so I stamped it on Kraft cardstock and used my finger to add just a bit of Dark Chocolate for texture.  In homage to Heather Nichols, one of the Papertrey Ink designers, I sponged white pigment ink around the card edges.  It adds the perfect little something.

I'm giving this card to a friend who stepped in during a frightening experience two weeks ago.  She calmed my anxiety and fear, and was a great support when I felt overwhelmed by the situation.  I'm so thankful for her friendship!  Head over to Nichole Heady's blog to see more cards using 2009 sets.

Stamps:  On My Couch, On My Couch Additions (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Kraft, Happy Spots (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Don't Forget to Write die (Papertrey Ink)


3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!