Monday, February 13, 2017

PTI Past, Present and Future 2007: Spiral Joy


Papertrey Ink is doing a series on their blog this month looking back at their ten years in business.  I've been following them since the very beginning, so it's quite fun to walk down memory lane and see new ideas using older sets.  Each day there is a challenge to create a card with one of that year's featured stamp sets or a design inspired by one of the showcased design team cards.  For 2007, their inaugural year, I chose to use Spiral Bouquet.


My oldest son just got engaged so I have wedding on the brain!  I stamped the solid floral images in Going Gray ink on white cardstock and then stamped the swirly outline in black ink.  I spattered some gold paint over top.  I was a bit annoyed when I got streaks along with the spatters, but I decided to embrace the imperfection.  I mounted the panel on black cardstock and then adhered it to a white card base.


I cut a black heart using the Limitless Layers 2-1/4" Heart dies by Papertrey Ink, gluing it slightly off the edge for interest.  I had this gold-painted Wonderful Words: Joy die cut in my stash from last year's Stamp-a-Faire challenges and it fit my theme perfectly!  I love how it looks on the black heart.  I stamped part of a phrase from Strawberry Patch Sentiments on white cardstock and cut it into a strip.

It is so fun to go back to these older stamp sets and use them again!  I hadn't pulled Spiral Bouquet out in ages.  It makes an elegant wedding card.  Go to Nichole Heady's blog here to see more projects using this set and others from 2007.

Stamps:  Spiral Bouquet, Strawberry Patch Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Going Gray (Stampin' Up); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Limitless Layers: 2-1/4" Hearts die, Wonderful Words: Joy die (Papertrey Ink); Splendid Gold paint (DecoArt Dazzling Metallics); chipboard; paintbrush

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is beautiful! I love the gold splatters on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really didn't think this set was my style but now that I tried it and am seeing so many pretty cards with it, I want it! I love your monochromatic card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!