Saturday, January 28, 2017

Sweet Purple Cupcake

Here's another card from the Stampin' Up workshop!  I love these pretty purples.  It was interesting using the Sweet Cupcake stamp set for the first time.  Lots of layers.


I stamped the cupcake frosting with Elegant Eggplant, Rich Razzleberry, and Sweet Sugarplum ink.  I stamped the cupcake base with Tip Top Taupe, Soft Suede, and Sahara Sand ink.  Both pieces were then cut with the Cupcake Cutout dies.  I also stamped the candle in Elegant Eggplant ink and cut it with the matching die.  After putting a small slit in the frosting, I inserted the candle and glued the cupcake together.

I stamped the white panel with a sponge dauber to get those soft-looking polka dots.  I think I used Sweet Sugarplum ink for them.  At that point, I accidentally dropped one of the brown inkpads on it so I chose to ink the edges.  That way it looks like a deliberate choice!  lol  I adhered that panel to Elegant Eggplant cardstock.

After cutting a doily in half, I glued it to the card along with some burlap ribbon.  I placed my cupcake on top with dimensionals.  I tied a bit of linen thread through my sentiment tag, also stamped in Elegant Eggplant, and glued it in place.  It makes a sweet birthday card!

Stamps:  Sweet Cupcake (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Tip Top Taupe, Soft Suede, Sahara Sand, Elegant Eggplant, Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Cupcake Cutout dies (Stampin' Up); burlap ribbon, linen thread (Stampin' Up); 1/16" Circle Punch; white doily, sponge dauber

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!