Friday, January 27, 2017

Avant Garden Birthday

I love the colors on this card from the workshop.  I used a new set called Avant Garden in the Sale-a-Bration catalog.  It reminds me of an old retired set called Paint Prints, which I still have.  I rarely use ribbon, but it looks darling on this card.


I stamped the flowers using Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo inks, stamping off each flower on the card a second time for a lighter color.  I added leaves and dots with Pear Pizzazz ink, again varying the color with generational stamping.  Quick and easy!  I brushed on some sparkle with a Wink of Stella pen.


I stamped two of the borders from Delicate Details (another Sale-a-Bration set) onto Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo cardstock in the matching ink.  I glued those strips to a white card base and then added the flower panel over top with dimensionals.

I stamped my sentiment in Pear Pizzazz ink and cut it out with the Layering Ovals dies, adding a Pear Pizzazz scalloped oval mat.  Underneath the sentiment, I glued two pieces of ruched ribbon and popped up the ovals so there would be room.  Sweet and simple!

Stamps:  Avant Garden, Delicate Details (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Pear Pizzazz (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Whisper White, Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Pear Pizzazz (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Layering Ovals dies (Stampin' Up); 3/8" Peekaboo Peach and Flirty Flamingo ruched ribbon (Stampin' Up); clear Wink of Stella pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!