Monday, December 26, 2016

Joy Wreath Tag

It's been a lovely Christmas weekend.  My college kids are home and we got to Skype with our missionary on Christmas day.  I'm popping in to post one of the tags I made for family gifts.  This one uses the Wondrous Wreath set by Stampin' Up.


I cut Kraft cardstock with the Tag Sale #4 die by Papertrey Ink and stamped the word "joy" in the center.  It's from the Merriest stamp set by Avery Elle.  I love the font in that set!  I stamped the wreath in Garden Green ink on white cardstock and then stamped the second leaf layer in the same ink.  I stamped the berries in Real Red ink. 


The dies for this wreath gave me fits!  It's easy to line up the main wreath die, but the center piece was a pain.  You can't see through it.  I only managed to cut one of the centers perfectly aligned.  I even tried cutting first and then stamping, but that didn't work well because the die edge impresses into the cardstock so the stamping wasn't even.  There are several discarded wreaths in my trash can.  Except for the die struggles, however, these tags were quick to make.


I stamped the bow in Real Red ink and cut it out with the matching die.  I added Ruby Slippers Nuvo Crystal Drops over the berries for dimension and a touch of glitter.  I love how it looks!  I popped the wreath up with foam tape, and once I tied on some red satin ribbon, the tags were done.  I'll post the other two tag sets this week, so stay tuned.  :)

Stamps:  Wondrous Wreath (Stampin' Up); Merriest (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Garden Green, Real Red (Stampin' Up); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Wonderful Wreath dies (Stampin' Up); Tag Sale #4 die (Papertrey Ink); Ruby Slippers (Nuvo Crystal Drops); red ribbon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!