Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Haunted Jars and 400 Blog Posts

Can you believe it?  I'm celebrating 400 posts here on my blog today!  It may be a drop in the bucket to some, but for me it feels like a huge accomplishment.  It represents a determination to keep creating through self-doubt, fear, and the big old comparison monster.  I enjoy creating my little works of art.  They make me smile!  Scrolling through my blog is like taking a trip through time.  Today, I'm sharing my favorite card from the Stampin' Up workshop I attended two days ago.


It uses the super cute Jar of Haunts stamp set.  This has been on my wish list since I first laid eyes on it.  I want it even more now.  lol   I stamped the jars on watercolor paper and used markers with a waterbrush to add color.  I also used markers for the eyeballs.  Just a bit creepy!  I cut the jars out with the matching dies.

I stamped the drippy goo image repeatedly across the top of text print paper and colored it in with a Pear Pizzazz marker.  To get the shiny effect, I colored it again with a VersaMark marker and embossed with clear powder.  It looks really cool in person. 



I stamped two spiders directly on the text paper and drew the web lines using a ruler.  I did the same thing inside the card.


I stamped the sentiment and punched it out using the old Word Window punch by Stampin' Up.  After matting the text print, I adhered the jars and sentiment using foam dots for dimension. 

Like I said, this card was my favorite to make at the workshop.  I will be back tomorrow to post another one from the same day.  Here's to many more creative projects and posts!

Stamps:  Jar of Haunts, Teeny Tiny Wishes (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Basic Black (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Newsprint dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Everyday Jars dies, Word Window punch (Stampin' Up); Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder, Tempting Turquoise, Smoky Slate markers (Stampin' Up); VersaMark marker; waterbrush; clear embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!