Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Ink It Up with Leigh Penner: Boo


I had trouble finding my mojo yesterday.  After two weeks of run-throughs, tech rehearsals, and four performances of Little Women: The Musical, I've been flat-out tired the past two days.  I puttered around in my studio all afternoon, even cleaning out my scrap drawer, before finally coming up with this card.  I would have quit if I didn't need something for Ink It Up!  Leigh Penner and I post a project every second and fourth Wednesday using uninked stamps.  Thanks for the push, Leigh!  :)


I had this black scalloped notecard already cut in my stash and noticed that the ghost I cut during an earlier attempt fit perfectly.  My daughter Emily suggested the googly eyes.  I added some shading with gray Copic markers.  Then I embossed the word BOO in a vertical line on the left side.  Both the die and the sentiment come from Dress Up Dolls: Halloween by Papertrey Ink.  Simple, but fun!

Stamps:  Dress Up Dolls: Halloween (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  White, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Copic: 0, N0, N2
Misc:  Dress Up Dolls: Halloween die, Noted: Scalloped Square die (Papertrey Ink); Googlies (Stampin' Up); white embossing powder (Filigree) 

2 comments:

  1. I love it when a card comes together using leftovers on my desk! This is so sweet, Heidi! I love the shading you added to the ghost! It really stands out on the black background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, reading about your schedule has me exhausted! You are incredibly busy, but even so, you've created a card that has captured my Halloween-loving heart! The scalloped edges, the little googly-eyed ghost...BOO-tiful! Totally sweet!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!