Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Camp Create: Heart Shadows


I'm doing these Camp Create challenges out of order, but I suppose it doesn't really matter.  Inwardly, I'm shuddering though.  lol  :)  This card is for the final challenge, Stunning Shadow Stamping.  I chose to use Homespun Hearts by My Favorite Things for the technique.


As per the instructions, I stamped the hearts on Autumn Rose cardstock in Sweet Tooth pigment ink and then again in Autumn Rose ink, slightly offset to create the shadow effect.  It looks pretty cool!  I didn't manage to get all my shadows the same width though.  Shrug.  I still like it.  I added tiny dots using a stamp from Primitive Pumpkins.  I stamped a sentiment from Day Dreamer in black ink.  (a long-retired B.C. Dzyns set by MFT)  I stacked two Scripty Hugs die cuts from white cardstock and placed it underneath the sentiment.  Then I simply glued the whole thing to a white card base.  Done!  Here's the challenge badge I earned.


Stamps:  Homespun Hearts, Day Dreamer, Primitive Pumpkins (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things); Autumn Rose (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White, Autumn Rose (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Scripty Hugs die (Lawn Fawn)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!