Monday, July 25, 2016

Stamp-a-Faire 2016: Mastering Drips & Splatters


This was an interesting challenge.  Lizzie Jones taught us to Master Drips and Splatters in the style of Jackson Pollock. This is my attempt and I chose to use Twinkling H2O's partly because I couldn't find the regular watercolors and partly because I thought it be fun to use shimmery paints.


I followed Lizzie's directions and played with different colors of paint and paintbrush sizes to create drips and splatters on a piece of watercolor paper.  Once it was dry, I glued it to a black card base.  I cut a Keep It Simple Frame from both white and Tropical Teal cardstock.  On the white one, I stamped a sentiment from Live Love Life in Tropical Teal and black ink.  On the other piece, I stamped an image from Background Basics: Stitching in VersaMark ink.  Then I simply adhered them to my card on an angle.  Here's a close-up photo so you can see shimmer of the watercolor paints.


Stamps:  Live Love Life, Background Basics: Stitching (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Tropical Teal (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Paper:  White, True Black (Papertrey Ink); watercolor paper
Misc:  Keep It Simple Frame die (Papertrey Ink); Sun Flower, Blue Zircon, Celadon, Hopeful Honeysuckle, Poppy watercolor paints (Twinkling H2O's)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!