Monday, July 25, 2016

Stamp-a-Faire 2016: Color Blocking


I won't lie.  I'm not fond of this card.  If I had more time, I would completely redo it, but I still need to make my pointillism card and the sun is already going down.  The technique is really fun though.  Here's my card for the Color Blocking challenge.


Obviously, I used the same colors as Lexi Daly's sample.  I'm in a hurry and that saves much decision time.  I used a butterfly image from Butterfly Dreams and followed her instructions for the color blocking technique.  (lots of masking and sponging)  I stamped my sentiment from Think Big Favorites #15 directly in the center with black ink.  I do like how that looks!  The panel is matted with white cardstock and then adhered to a black card base.

Stamps:  Butterfly Dreams, Think Big Favorites #15 (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Hibiscus Burst, Harvest Gold, Orange Zest, Hawaiian Shores, Royal Velvet, Blueberry Sky, Tropical Teal (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Blushing Bride, Almost Amethyst, Pool Party, and Only Orange markers (Stampin' Up)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like we were on the same wavelength with the butterflies for our colour-blocked cards... Yours is so sweet and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! i love how it turned out - especially how you added the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!