Saturday, June 4, 2016

Berry Blush

I'm back to post more cards using the Don't Forget to Write kit by Papertrey Ink.  Again, these are not my original design, except some tweaks on the one based off the card box.  I followed the instructions for the Berry Blush colorway in the kit.


Aren't those pretty colors?  I had so much fun making these and did it all in one evening.  It helps when all the design work has been done for you!


I know I've said it before, but I love the scalloped notecard die in the kit.  I cut it from Sweet Blush cardstock and adhered a square of Fresh Snow linen cardstock that I stamped with a small floral bouquet and the sentiment.  (see ink colors below)  I punched a 3/4" square of Sweet Blush cardstock and notched one end for the little banner flag.  I stamped the flourish on a label die cut with Aqua Mist ink and trimmed off just that portion.  Once assembled, it makes a darling little card.


This A1-sized card is a Sweet Blush cardstock base adhered with a striped watercolor paper from the kit.  I cut an open square frame from Fresh Snow linen cardstock and stamped the flourishes with Aqua Mist ink.  I glued it to the card on an angle and trimmed off the overhang.  I stamped my sentiment in Ocean Tides ink and added a "note" die cut from Sweet Blush cardstock that I sponged with Berry Sorbet ink.  I love the look!  I barely touched my Berry Sorbet inkpad prior to getting this kit and it's been getting a workout lately.  How did I overlook this color?  The flowers are pre-printed embellishments from the kit.  Simply die cut and glue in place - couldn't be easier.


This card took the longest to make, because of the stamped floral bouquets.  Lots of colors!  It still went fairly fast though, due to Betsy Veldman's ingenious design of the stamps.  The card base is Sweet Blush cardstock, the stamped panel is Fresh Snow linen cardstock, and the strip of patterned paper is from the kit.  I used Berry Sorbet, Autumn Rose, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Sweet Blush, Simply Chartreuse, and Mint Julep inks to stamp the bouquets.  You can bet I was holding my breath doing each step, hoping that I wouldn't mess it all up!  It's so pretty.  I love how the texture of the linen cardstock comes through the ink and makes it look like it was printed.  I stamped the sentiment in between the bouquets with Sweet Blush and Ocean Tides ink. 


My final card is based on the card box design in the kit instructions.  I simply translated it to a card.  On the Sweet Blush card base, I stamped Background Basics: Text Style in VersaMark ink.  Love the look!  I stamped a Fresh Snow linen frame with Aqua Mist flourishes, Sweet Blush stripes, and an Ocean Tides sentiment.  I glued a strip of patterned paper to the base with the frame on top and added a large floral embellishment from the kit.  Quick and easy!

I am so glad that I purchased the Don't Forget to Write kit.  The included instructions really got me using it right away.  I'm not done, surely.  I want to finish up the patterned papers and embellishments instead of hoarding them.  I have a few previous kits that haven't seen much use yet and I'm trying to change that!  Now I have a lot of pretty cards in my stash to send out as needed.

Stamps:  Don't Forget to Write, Background Basics: Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  VersaMark; Aqua Mist, Autumn Rose, Berry Sorbet, Mint Julep, Ocean Tides, Simply Chartreuse, Sweet Blush (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Sweet Blush, Fresh Snow linen, Don't Forget to Write dsp (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Don't Forget to Write dies (Papertrey Ink), 3/4" square punch (EK Success)

2 comments:

  1. Best kit ever and you did some very lovely cards with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty, Heidi! You're making me regret not getting this kit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!