Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pretty in Pink

I made two more cards using the Don't Forget to Write kit by Papertrey Ink, this time in the Pretty in Pink colorway from the instructions.


This first one is exactly like Betsy Veldman's original design.  I cut a scalloped card base from Fresh Snow linen cardstock and adhered patterned paper from the kit.  I cut a square frame, stamping the flourishes in Hibiscus Burst ink.  I also stamped the sentiment in the same ink.

I cut the large "gift" word from Aqua Mist cardstock and sponged it with Ocean Tides ink.  The flowers are Hibiscus Burst with the centers stamped in the same color.  I stamped the leaves with Mint Julep and New Leaf ink.  Then I simply glued everything together.  I love this pretty color combo!


For my second card, I followed the instructions for the gift box label wrap.  The Sweet Blush card base was stamped with Background Basics: Text Style using VersaMark ink.  (one of my favorite ways to add soft detail and the only change from the directions)  I adhered a narrow strip of Lovely Lady cardstock down the center.

I cut two square frames, stamping one with Hibiscus Burst flourishes and Sweet Blush stripes, and glued them together.  For the center Aqua Mist square, I embossed the sentiment in white and sponged Ocean Tides ink below.  I used one of the pre-printed floral bouquets from the kit for a final embellishment. 

Aren't they both sweet?  I really love the colors, as I stated before, and I am really enjoying this kit.

Stamps:  Don't Forget to Write, Background Basics: Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, Mint Julep, New Leaf, Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Paper: Aqua Mist, Lovely Lady, Sweet Blush, Fresh Snow linen, Don't Forget to Write dsp (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Don't Forget to Write dies (Papertrey Ink); white embossing powder (Filigree)

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!