Sunday, February 7, 2016

Papertrey Ink 9th Anniversary: Thanks a Bunch

Yesterday's Papertrey Ink anniversary challenge was to make a card inspired by a piece of clothing.  I pinned this pretty dress on my Pinterest fashion board ages ago and thought it would be fun to duplicate the blue floral pattern.  Unfortunately, I do not know where it comes from!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/206250857911511612/


I stamped a lot of flowers from Bitty Bouquets by Papertrey Ink on white cardstock using Enchanted Evening ink.  I hand-cut every single one.  Apparently, I am that kind of crazy.  :)

I stamped black stems on a white card base using an image from Remember, trying to vary the heights and placement.  I randomly stamped a small bud image from Bitty Bouquets in the same blue as the flowers.  Then I glued down my flowers to create the floral spray design.  I used a black marker to change the color of the small dot in the flower centers.

As a final step, I added a white sentiment strip just slightly above center with the saying "Thanks a Bunch" from Petite Pots.  I'll admit the card is not quite what I had envisioned, but I still like the sweet simplicity.  If you want to see other cards from this challenge, check them out here.

Stamps:  Bitty Bouquets, Remember, Petite Pots (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Basic Black marker (Stampin' Up)


4 comments:

  1. Oh, I want this dress and your card! So pretty and perfect for your inspiration piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding card! and fussy cutting all those blooms - dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, I absolutely love this card! It's quite simply stunning. And the dress that inspired you is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant! Beautiful design, Ann!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!