Friday, December 25, 2015

Nativity Ornament

Merry Christmas!  I hope you all had a wonderful holiday.  I'm popping in to post an ornament I made this week.  It's essentially a copy of the one Betsy Veldman made for the release of these stamps and dies.  I made six of these ornaments for gifts.  It took me two days!


It seems simple, but it involves lots of steps and can be time-consuming.  Still, I really love them!  I'm not sure the photos capture how cool these ornaments are in person.  I adore miniature things and these make quite an impact.


I used the Petite Ornament: Square die by Papertrey Ink and cut two pieces from Enchanted Evening cardstock.  I stamped sentiments from Oh Holy Night on two of the clear inserts with Cotton White Staz-On ink and then assembled the ornament without closing off the top yet.  Betsy made a great how-to video for this which you can see here.

I used the Petite Places: Nativity dies to cut White, Dark Chocolate, and Kraft cardstock for the various pieces.  I assembled the tiny stable and adhered it to a white square.  I diecut and stamped the individual scene figures and glued them in place around it.


It's funny that I didn't notice until posting these pictures that I missed pushing out some of the filigree in the box top.  I need to fix that!  lol


After finishing the scene, I inserted the whole thing in the ornament and glued it to the base.  That's when I closed off the top and added a ribbon hanger.  I seriously love these!  I'll make them again, but they will only go to someone who really appreciates the time they take.  It's a labor of love.


Can you believe that 2015 is almost over?  All my kids are home for the holidays and I am loving it!  I'm trying to savor every moment with them.  Life is good!

Stamps:  Petite Places: Nativity, Oh Holy Night (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Cotton White (Staz-On)
Paper:  White, Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Enchanted Evening (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Petite Ornament: Square die, Petite Places: Nativity dies (Papertrey Ink); Scor-Tape; white ribbon

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!