Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Bethlehem Tag

I went a little simpler with these tags.  Every year I make mystery tags for my kids' gifts and need four of each one.  After creating several more complicated designs (which will be posted soon), I wanted to do a design that would go quickly.  My kids have been begging me to wrap their presents for days!  I couldn't use the tags until I got them photographed for my blog.  What's funny is, I decided to use these tags for my husband instead and made a different set this morning.  Such is the life of a creative soul!


Aren't those pretty?  I cut the tags out of Enchanted Evening cardstock using the Tag Sale #8 die by Papertrey Ink.  It's such a rich blue.  I cut the Bethlehem Border die by Taylored Expressions out of black cardstock.



Before adhering anything together, I stamped and embossed a pretty Star of David using silver powder.  The image is from Star of Wonder by Verve Stamps.  The word "joy" is from a sentiment in the same set.  I stamped it repeatedly using VersaMark ink to create a border at the top and bottom of my scene.

These were quick to put together.  I spent the most time lining up the words.  Naturally, I had to use silver ribbon to match the star.  I love these simple and elegant tags!


Stamps:  Star of Wonder (Verve Stamps)
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  Enchanted Evening, True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Bethlehem Border die (Taylored Expressions); Tag Sale #8 die (Papertrey Ink); silver embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!