Monday, August 31, 2015

Stamp-a-Faire 2015: Runway Challenge

Woot!  I got another challenge card done!  This one is for the runway challenge, where we were given several high fashion inspiration pictures and color combos pulled from the dresses.  I chose Betsy Veldman's flowery blue and white dress.



I cut 1-3/8" inch wide strips of White, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, and Enchanted Evening cardstock and adhered them to a white card base in graduated order.  Using images from Nostalgic Notions, I embossed a large flower and leaves in a random pattern using Denim embossing powder.  I love how different it looks on each strip of color!

I cut my sentiment using the Wonderful Words: Congrats die.  Before gluing it down, I created a thread nest underneath with silver metallic thread.  It subtly frames the word with just a touch of shimmer.  This card is perfect for a wedding.  Now who's getting married?  :)

Stamps:  Nostalgic Notions (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  VersaMark
Paper:  White, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Enchanted Evening
Misc:  Wonderful Words: Congrats die (Papertrey Ink); metallic silver thread (Coats & Clark); Denim embossing powder (Zing!)

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!