Thursday, July 23, 2015

Striped Thank You

Can I just say how much I love summer?  Not the heat, oh definitely not the heat.  I am an autumn girl.  I simply love the relaxed schedule and having my kids around all day.  They are older now and I love having the company.  I also LOVE not having to get up at 5am!!

I've been kicking back.  Watching movies and old TV shows, like Murder She Wrote.  Being silly.  Reading books and old Somerset Studio magazines.  It's been true bliss.  Yesterday, my daughter and I headed down to Charlotte to shop at IKEA for a white desk for her room.  We also picked out a fun bright pink swivel chair.  She's thrilled to have a place of her own to create and play.  (and do homework, but not for another month!)  It took a while to put the desk together, but so worth it.  In fact, she put together the chair by herself!

I haven't done any stamping since my Urban Garden streak earlier this month.  I did pull out some paper and cut it with dies, but it's still sitting on my desk unfinished.  This morning I needed a thank you card to fit a small regular envelope.  I was rather in a hurry to beat the mailman, so I used an old design from a year ago and adapted it.  You can see the original post here.


The card is about 6-1/4" by 3-1/2".  I cut Poppy Parade cardstock with a scalloped border punch and added a piece of striped paper from the retired Just Add Cake dsp pack by Stampin' Up.  It's quite convenient when the paper you have lying on your desk is perfect for the card you're doing in a hurry! 

I cut the "thank you" phrase using the Wonderful Words: Thank You die by Papertrey Ink, also using Poppy Parade cardstock, and then stamped the sentiment in black ink using Wonderful Words: Hello.  I love this design in this longer format!  It's just the right size to fit a check.  I love these summery colors too.   :)

Stamps:  Wonderful Words: Hello (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Poppy Parade, Just Add Cake dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Wonderful Words: Thank You die (Papertrey Ink); Scalloped Border punch (Stampin' Up)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!