Sunday, July 12, 2015

Bowl of Lemons

This is my 300th blog post!  Can you believe it?  I'm celebrating by posting a bowl of sunshine.  Okay, a bowl of lemons actually.  The stamp set is called Bowl of Sunshine, and my lemons are bright yellow, so it looks like a heaping bowl of sunshine on my card.  :)

 
I had three small pieces left of the Urban Garden paper and I stitched them to a white base using my sewing machine.  I haven't done that in a good while!  It was fun and nerve wracking, all at the same time.  I bent up the edges after stitching.  I punched a narrow Yoyo Yellow cardstock strip with a scallop border.  I stamped my sentiment (also from Bowl of Sunshine) on a Baja Breeze piece cut with an Initial Thoughts die.

I cut out white cardstock with the Bowl of Sunshine dies and then stamped the bowl in black ink.  I added the decorative strip in Baja Breeze ink.  I stamped the lemons and leaves (two separate pieces) using Yoyo Yellow and Pear Pizzazz ink.  Then I simply glued it all together.  After adhering the different elements to the stitched mat, I distressed the outer edges to add more texture.  The whole thing was placed on a Baja Breeze card base. 

This was a fun card to make!  I kept changing which Urban Garden card was my favorite as I created them, but now that I'm done with that paper, I must now declare this one as my very favorite.  I love the colors and that sweet bowl of lemons would brighten anyone's day.

Stay tuned for the remaining Urban Garden cards.  Three posts left to go!

Stamps:  Bowl of Sunshine (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Baja Breeze, Yoyo Yellow, Pear Pizzazz (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Baja Breeze, Yoyo Yellow, Urban Garden dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Bowl of Sunshine dies, Initial Thoughts die (Papertrey Ink); Scallop Border punch (Stampin' Up)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!