Friday, February 6, 2015

Unfrogettable

I made another card for the challenges at the Kraftin' Kimmie Krafty Friends group, this time using sketch #5 and the extra option to decorate the inside.



I adore this sassy girl with the frog on her head.  I colored her with Copic markers and then carefully cut her out.  In the close-up pic below, you can see the tiny white polka dots I added to her yellow dress with a white gel pen.  I used Wink of Stella on the barrettes in her hair.  The frog was also colored and cut out.  I used a colorless blender to create a mottled effect on his body.


I cut my hillside from a fun polka dot patterned paper using a Stitched Borders 1 die by Pretty Pink Posh.  I did the same thing for the inside, but cut it on a different angle.  The grass tufts were cut using the Grassy Edges dies by My Favorite Things.  I just cut it into smaller pieces.

The Soft Sky background was embossed using the Swirls folder by Tim Holtz.  I selectively stamped just one word of the sentiment from Unfrogettable by Stampin' Up on a skinny white strip of cardstock and then flagged the end using a square punch.  Inside the card, I stamped the whole sentiment just above the hillside.


I colored and cut out the frog from the top of the girl's head to use inside the card.  His expression is very mischievous, don't you think?  I really love how this card turned out.  I stayed pretty close to the sketch, just adapting a couple of things to fit my vision.  This girl has some spunk and is completely unfrogettable!  lol


Stamps:  Lilith (Kraftin' Kimmie); Unfrogettable (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Soft Sky, Always Artichoke, Regals Collection DSP Patterns Stack (Stampin' Up)
Copic:  0, C1, E00, E30, E42, E55, E57, E59, R20, B91, B95, B97, B99, Y00, Y02, Y06, YG93, YG95, YG97
Misc:  Grassy Edges die (My Favorite Things); Stitched Borders 1 die (Pretty Pink Posh), white gel pen, 1/2" square punch (EK Success); Swirls embossing folder (Tim Holtz); clear Wink of Stella pen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!