Monday, February 9, 2015

PTI 8th Anniversary: Love Always Gift Tag & Bag

The third challenge for the Papertrey Ink 8th Anniversary festivities was to make a tag for a matching gift bag, either one you create or purchase.  I found this black and white gift bag in my stash.  Such a fun pattern!  I remembered that I had some leftover pieces from the Love You Always card I created for last month's blog hop, and immediately thought that it would be fun to create a coordinating tag.  I love it when inspiration strikes quickly!  So here is the complete set.


This gift bag would be darling on its own, of course.  I stamped some white tissue paper with Pure Poppy polka-dot hearts.  After stamping a tiny heart as well, I stamped XOXO in black ink.  All the images are from the Heart Prints stamp set.  Custom tissue paper really bumps a gift bag over the top.  I love how it looks!


I already had a piece of embossed cardstock in my scrap drawer, along with the flower and leaves.  I cut the white tag using Tag Sale #10 and trimmed the black piece to fit.  It was previously embossed with the Hugs & Kisses folder by Cuttlebug.  I cut the red heart using the Heart Prints dies.  Boy, do I wish I had that white lace-edged heart from the card in a smaller size!


I stamped the word "love" from the County Fair stamp set using VersaMark ink and embossed it in white.  I chose that stamp because it had a similar feel to the image I used on the original card.  I would love some mini versions of the large Wet Paint words!  Are you listening, Papertrey Ink?  :)


I selectively stamped the word "always" in black ink on a white Building Blocks die cut, added a rhinestone to the flower, and glued everything together in the same layout as my card.  Then I just tied it to my gift bag with some red and white baker's twine.


My daughter Emily loves it!  She said it would be cool to receive a gift in this bag.  She may have been dropping a hint for Valentine's Day, naturally, but she was pretty impressed.  I mainly make cards and this gift set had quite an impact.  I should do this more often!  I personally love how it all turned out anyway.   :)  


Stamps:  Wet Paint, Ruby Reprise, Heart Prints, County Fair (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink); VersaMark
Paper:  White, True Black, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Ruby Rose dies, Building Blocks die, Heart Prints die, Tag Sale #10 die (Papertrey Ink); Hugs & Kisses embossing folder (Cuttlebug); white embossing powder (Filigree); clear rhinestone; black and white gift bag; white tissue paper; red/white baker's twine 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!