Sunday, February 8, 2015

PTI 8th Anniversary: Happy Happy Birthday

I'm back to share my second challenge card for Papertrey Ink's eighth anniversary.  To celebrate Maile Belle's return as a stamp designer, we were to create a new card inspired by one of her creations.  She has a great clean and modern style!  I chose this card because of the cool background she created with a sentiment from Monthly Moments: October.  Click on the picture to go to her original blog post.

http://mailebelles.blogspot.com/2014/10/monthly-moments-october.html


I recreated that cool background using a birthday sentiment from Fillable Frames #1.  I chose Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, and Blueberry Sky for my ink colors since they would work for either a boy or a girl.  First, I drew lines in pencil with a ruler so I could keep my spacing consistent.  Then I stamped my sentiment, rotating the colors, using my lines as a guide.  Once done, I simply erased the pencil lines.  It makes an awesome background!

I spent more time fussing over my focal point than I did the background.  I finally stamped the birthday circle from Around & About Sentiments on a Kraft circle, and popped up a cute little cupcake from Tiny Treats Valentine that I colored with Copic markers.  I added Diamond Stickles to the frosting.  If I had some green rhinestones, I would have added them near the circle like Maile did, but since I did not, I just left it plain.  Sometimes you have to call enough!  Nothing else I had was working.  Now that I've slept on it though, I like it the way it is.  Sometimes simple is best!  :)

As always, you can see other cards for this challenge here.

Stamps:  Tiny Treats Valentine, Around & About Sentiments, Fillable Frames #1 (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Pure Poppy, Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Paper:  White, Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Copic:  B91, B95, B97, R29, E41, E42, E55
Misc:  Diamond Stickles, 1-1/4" Circle punch (EK Success)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!