Thursday, January 15, 2015

Winter Bella

I felt like coloring yesterday so I pulled out this adorable Uptown Girls image by Stamping Bella.  I recently got a few new colors of Copic markers, including these pretty yellows.  It was fun to get them out and play with no predetermined result in mind.


I picked this pretty patterned paper from the Retro Fresh pack by Stampin' Up for my background.  I thought the color and pattern had a wintry feel, which was perfect for this girl.  After coloring, I carefully cut her out and glued a few scrap pieces of cardstock underneath to raise her up just slightly. (mainly to keep her level with her boots, but it also adds a tiny bit of dimension)

I glittered a piece of white cardstock that I cut with the In the Meadow die by Papertrey Ink.  Of course, I realized afterwards that I forgot to shade under the girls' boots.  Oops!  I stamped my sentiment on a white pierced fishtail flag and added a pretty rhinestone brad.  I removed the prongs before sticking it down with a glue dot.

I love how it turned out!  This wintry girl really makes me smile.


Stamps:  Uptown Girl Quinn in Her Boots (Stamping Bella); Fillable Frames #9 (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper: White (Papertrey Ink); Retro Fresh dsp (Stampin' Up)
Copic:  0, C1, C3, C5, E00, E30, E42, E55, E57, E59, B91, B95, B97, B99, R20, Y00, Y02, Y06
Misc:  In the Meadow die (Papertrey Ink); Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX die (My Favorite Things); Crystal fine glitter (Martha Stewart); crystal brad (Making Memories)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!