Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Donut You Know?

Well, I'm finally getting around to my first post of the year!  A little later than planned, but that's the way life goes sometimes.  I've had this set sitting on my desk, so to speak, since Thanksgiving, just waiting to get inked.  A friend helped me out in a last-minute bind yesterday, so I decided to use it to make her a thank you card.


Ack!  Isn't that just the cutest?  I love the sentiments in this stamp set.  I used the matching dies to cut my donuts from Kraft and Pretty in Pink textured paper.  The white sprinkles were embossed and I lightly sponged the donuts underneath with Classic Kraft ink.  


I punched a strip of older SU decorative paper with a scalloped border punch and added a thin strip of black on top.  It gives the feel of an awning, plus the scallops mimic the shape of the pink frosting.  I popped up the center donut to add a little dimension.  Then I simply stamped the sentiment underneath in black ink.

I hope this card makes my friend smile.  I sure appreciate her coming through for me in a pinch!

Stamps:  Donut You Know (Reverse Confetti)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark; Classic Kraft (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Pretty in Pink, Love dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Donut You Know dies (Reverse Confetti); Scallop Border punch (Stampin' Up); white embossing powder (Filigree)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!