Thursday, December 25, 2014

Stamped Art: Snow Frame

I'm popping in to post the second stamped frame art from the workshop.  Did you like the Santa one?  It's fun and festive, but I think this snow-themed one is my personal favorite.  I love the soft colors and that pretty glitter snowflake!


Again, this project uses multiple stamp sets and a variety of embellishments.  The patterned papers are from the All is Calm designer paper in the Stampin' Up holiday mini.  It's a good thing I made this at home because it took me many hours.  I thoroughly enjoyed every minute!



The present image in the first square is from last year's Color Me Christmas set.  I colored it with markers and glittered the Soft Sky stripes.  I threaded a button with twine to place next to it.


I love this darling snowman with the singing birds.  It's from the Snow Much Fun stamp set.  I colored the image with markers and glittered the Soft Sky shading on the snowman.  I added a rhinestone to the center of the metal charm.


I wish I could remember the name of this set!  I'm pretty sure I own it too, but I can't seem to find the name in my inventory list or even the set itself.  {face palm}  edited to add:  It's called Punch Pals!  I colored the penguin with Smoky Slate and Pumpkin Pie markers, making his scarf Soft Sky this time and glittering it like before.  I surrounded him with silver sequins and a "snowflake" cut from silver glitter paper.


This little car is from White Christmas.  I colored it with markers and glittered the windows.  I added touches of "snow" on the tree with a white gel pen.  The road is a strip of All is Calm designer washi tape.  The final touch is a snowflake sequin.


These trees are from Punch Pals.  I colored them with markers, and then glittered the swirls and star.  I added tiny dots of glitter to the Soft Sky square.  Subtle, but so pretty in person, like teeny snowflakes.


The large snowflake was cut from silver glitter paper.  I think it's a Stampin' Up die, but I'm not totally sure.  A rhinestone brad was put through the center.  Don't you love how my demo cut the patterned square?  It lines up perfectly with the snowflake.


This tree is from Color Me Christmas.  I colored it with markers, added two sizes of rhinestones, and a silver glitter paper star.


For the large sentiment, I colored the stamp with Lost Lagoon and Pear Pizzazz markers before stamping.  I knotted a piece of ribbon around the square.


The little bear and banner are from White Christmas.  Naturally, the bear is glittered!  Again, I cut the banner pieces apart to make it easier to arrange them how I wanted.


For this snowman (from Punch Pals), I added shading with a Soft Sky marker and colored the hat.  I added dots of white enamel for berries.  Glitter is added over the shading on the snowman.


This stocking from Color Me Christmas was colored with markers and the white sections were glittered.  A small faceted acrylic button was threaded with twine for an accent.


This tree was punched from designer paper with the Tree punch that matches the Festival of Trees set.  I wrapped it with silver tinsel twine and topped it with a silver glitter paper star.


All of the stamped images were popped up with dimensionals, as well as each layered square.  There are so many little details in this project!  I love the finished result.


Stamps:  Color Me Christmas, Snow Much Fun, White Christmas, Punch Pals (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  Whisper White, Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Smoky Slate, All is Calm dsp, silver glitter (Stampin' Up)
Markers:  Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, Smoky Slate, Pumpkin Pie (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Crystal fine glitter (Martha Stewart); various ribbon/embellishments (Stampin' Up); white gel pen; white shadowbox frame

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!