Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Tags

Every year I make Christmas tags with no name for my children's gifts under the tree.  I make a set of four of each design.  One is saved for Santa to use on Christmas Eve.  This way, the kids don't know which gifts are belong to them.  It's quite fun and has become a family tradition.  They love to guess which tags are theirs.  My oldest son is on a church mission right now, so I made three different tags this year.

I borrowed the Color Me Christmas set from my demo since I had to re-stamp a couple of images for the stamped art projects I posted earlier this week.  Since I had it out, I used the cute Santa for one set of tags.



I colored Santa with Real Red, Basic Black, and Blushing Bride markers, and then added crystal fine glitter to the fur.  I used garnet glitter on the candy cane.  Underneath, I stamped the "believe" sentiment from Tree Trimming Trio.  I used my Tag Sale #5 die, layering a plaid patterned paper from the Trim the Tree stack underneath the white tag.  The last touch was some silver ribbon.


For my second set of tags, I pulled the candy cane image from Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers.  I colored the red stripes and then cut out each set of candy canes by hand.  I added garnet glitter for lots of sparkle! 



The white tags were cut using the Tag Sale #3 die.  To frame the candy canes, I used a Basic Black marker to fill in the impressed dots.  I stamped the sentiment from Candy Jar Christmas and embossed it in white on a red banner flag.  The candy canes were popped up for dimension, and then silver ribbon was added at the top.


I used Snow Much Fun for my last set of tags.  I adore this snowman image with the singing birds!  I just had to color them like cardinals.



I shaded the snowman lightly with a Copic marker, and used Stampin' Up markers for the rest.  Naturally, glitter was added to the shading.  What can I say?  I love the sparkle!  The little "fa la la" sentiment comes from Tag-Its #8.


I used the two pieces of my Tag Sale #8 die to cut the snowman piece and the Spring Rain frame.  I used a VersaMark Dazzle inkpad to add snowflakes both on the frame and the backing.  The same silver ribbon was used for the final touch.

My kids loved these tags.  My youngest daughter even guessed whose was whose correctly!  :)  Clever little girl.  Maybe next year I'll get the tags done earlier.  lol  I'm such a last-minute stamper.

Stamps:  Color Me Christmas (Stampin' Up); Tree Trimming Trio (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Trim the Tree dsp stack (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Real Red markers (Stampin' Up); glue pen; Crystal and Garnet glitter (Martha Stewart); silver ribbon, Tag Sale #5 die (Papertrey Ink)

Stamps:  Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers (Papertrey Ink); Candy Jar Christmas (Waltzingmouse)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black  (Memento); VersaMark
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Tag Sale #3 die (Papertrey Ink); Real Red, Basic Black markers (Stampin' Up); glue pen; Garnet glitter (Martha Stewart); white embossing powder (Filigree)

Stamps:  Snow Much Fun, Snow Burst (Stampin' Up); Tag-Its #8 (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark Dazzle Frost
Paper: White, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Tag Sale #8 die (Papertrey Ink); Crystal fine glitter (Martha Stewart); Copic C1 marker; Smoky Slate, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Marina Mist markers (Stampin' Up); glue pen  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!