Monday, August 25, 2014

Stamp-a-Faire 2014: Ancient Rome Faux Fresco

This was a fun technique!  You can see the tutorial for the faux fresco at the challenge post here.  Essentially, you spread a thin layer of embossing paste on cardstock and let it dry, then stamp and color over the texture.  Pretty cool!



My card is obviously inspired by the challenge sample, but I changed the orientation.  I pulled out my Friendship Jar Fillers stamp set for these pretty flowers.  I used Twinkling H2O's to color my fresco piece.  My first attempt messed up due to a over-enthusiastic water brush.  Therefore my daughter and I took turns to paint our frescoes with the one that worked properly.  I'm glad this one turned out because I didn't want to take the time to prepare another paper!

I matted my fresco with Dark Chocolate and then adhered it to a Kraft card base that had been stamped with Classic Kraft ink using the Ancient Rome stamp set.  My sentiment is from the Tea For Two Additions set.

I will definitely do this again.  I love the textured look!

Stamps:  Friendship Jar Fillers; Tea For Two Additions (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate, Classic Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Jet Black (StazOn)
Paper:  White, Kraft, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Twinkling H2O's:  Bashful Blue, Hopeful Honeysuckle, Good News, Cedarwood
Misc:  white embossing paste (Wendy Vecchi); water brush; palette knife


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!