Saturday, July 12, 2014

Watercolor Thanks

This is the last of the workshop cards I made at my Stampin' Up demo's house this week.  It's my favorite of the lot.


I love these colors!  It's also a really easy technique.  First, I embossed the large "thank you" sentiment with white embossing powder on watercolor paper.  Then, I used a waterbrush with reinkers to add strokes of color, making sure to blend in between.  I blotted excess ink off the sentiment with a paper towel when I was done.  I wanted it to stay crisply white!

I punched a butterfly from Coastal Cabana cardstock, but it seemed a bit too plain, so I stamped some tiny Flower Patch images and also smudged ink on the edges with my finger.  I added three rhinestones for the body.  Then I bent the wings to add more dimension.  


I adhered the watercolored panel to a Coastal Cabana cardbase.  Isn't it pretty?

Stamps:  Another Thank You (Stampin' Up)
Inkpad:  VersaMark; Coastal Cabana (Stampin' Up)
Reinkers:  Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Crisp Canteloupe, Strawberry Slush (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Coastal Cabana (Stampin' Up); watercolor paper
Misc:  Elegant Butterfly punch (Stampin' Up); white embossing powder (Stampin' Up); waterbrush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!