Saturday, July 19, 2014

Thanks Card Set

Remember the baby card in the last post?  This is one of the baby shower gifts that accompanied it.  I really enjoyed making this set of thank you cards.  Warning...lots of pics ahead!



I kept the same basic layout for each card, just changing up the colors and the thanks sentiment.  That made it much easier for me to do multiple cards.  I assembled them in sets of four, making two of each color/orientation.  In other words, four cards using Pistachio Pudding cardstock, but two of each sentiment in that color.  Make sense?  I made twenty cards in total.



I used a pretty striped patterned paper from the Sweet Sorbet pack.  (no longer available since it was from Sell-a-Bration)  I pulled my solid cardstock color choices from the pattern.  (five colors in all)  The scalloped strip was done using the Scallop Edge punch by Stampin' Up.



I used the Thanks Word die by Lil' Inker in combination with sentiments from Wonderful Words: Thank You and Wonderful Words: Hello by Papertrey Ink.



Quite a simple design, really.  It still took me several hours though.  It does take time to cut all the pieces before assembling, and then it took about fifteen minutes to make each set of cards.



It made me so happy to see my pretty pile of cards when I was done!  I didn't get to enjoy them long though.  I was in a rush by that point to get it packaged up for the baby shower.  When I went outside to quickly take pics, it started raining.  Wouldn't you know it?  I had to get my daughter to hold an umbrella over my usual photo spot while I took them.  lol


Since I was out of time to do anything complicated, I grabbed a white lunch sack to hold the set of cards along with envelopes.  I cut a strip of the Sweet Sorbet paper and Pool Party cardstock using Fishtail Flags Layers STAX dies.  I folded them over the top and stapled it in place.

I stamped an image from Baby Firsts on a die cut circle, quickly colored it with a few Copic markers, backed it with a Sahara Sand scalloped circle, and glued it in place. 


It turned out very cute for a rush packaging job!  I love that it matches the cards inside.


So there you have it!  I think this ranks as one of my favorite projects.  It was a very pleasant way to spend the day and was well received by my friends at the baby shower.  I hope it makes them smile every time they use the cards.  :)

Stamps:  Wonderful Words: Thank You, Wonderful Words: Hello (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Summer Starfruit, Sweet Sorbet dsp (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Thanks Word die (Lil' Inker); Scallop Edge punch (Stampin' Up)

Stamps:  Baby Firsts (Stampin' Up); Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black Memento)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Pool Party, Sahara Sand, Sweet Sorbet dsp (Stampin' Up)
Copic:  0, E000, E00, E30, R20, BG11
Misc:  Standard Circles Large die, Classic Scalloped Circles Small die (Spellbinders); Fishtail Flags Layers STAX dies (My Favorite Things); lunch sack; dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!