Saturday, July 19, 2014

A New Little Someone

Some family friends had a baby two months ago.  He was born premature and spent a long time in the hospital before he could come home.  Now that he's home and doing well, we finally had a baby shower for their family.  I made this baby card last night to go with our gift.


I used the Baby Tees wheel to stamp one of the tees on some patterned paper, masking off the star before stamping, because I wanted the cute argyle pattern to stand out.  I then carefully cut it out.  I added a tiny hand cut bowtie that was stamped with some polka dots.

Another piece of patterned paper from the same pad was trimmed to fit and die cut along the top edge with a scallop die.  I randomly cut the word BABY using my Block Alphabet dies.  I stamped the sentiment and then stitched the whole piece to my card with some blue thread.  Once this was done, I carefully added the center pieces of the letters.  I adhered a skinny strip of Ocean Tides cardstock underneath the stitched piece.  The onesie was popped up with dimensionals.

Inside the card, I added some strips of patterned paper to hide the stitching and stamped the word "Congratulations".  Naturally, I forgot to take a picture of that.  :)

Stamps:  Baby Tees wheel, Well Scripted (Stampin' Up); Polka Dot Basics II (Papertrey Ink); Hope Blooms (Verve)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark
Paper:  Kraft, Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink); Marjolaine 6x6 pad (Basic Grey)
Misc:  Block Alphabet dies (Papertrey Ink); Blueprints 3 die (My Favorite Things); thread; dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!