Friday, January 17, 2014

You Are The Bomb

Oh my goodness!  I just adore this card!  As each step was completed, I got more and more giddy over the total cuteness.  I love this stamp set.  It's just so much fun and I'm sad that There She Goes is now out of business.  This particular set was illustrated by Torico.



Don't you just love it?  I had a lot of fun making this card.  I used the latest Sweet Sunday sketch #202 for the layout.  (found here)  When flipping through my decorative paper, I saw this bold chevron and thought it was perfect for what I had in mind.  Bold and spunky!  I used another print from the same pack to paper-piece the girl's dress.

I colored the girl with Copic markers (except for the dress) and added a little touch of Stickles to the star on her dress.  How can you not love that bright ginger hair?  On the flag banner, I stamped small bomb bursts using Going Gray ink.  It makes a fun subtle pattern.  The sentiment is stamped in black over top.  I stamped and cut out the bomb, popping it up in place with a few pieces of cardstock for dimension.  Two of the card layers were matted with black and the whole thing was put on a Tangerine Tango card base.

I made three cards today and this one is seriously my favorite.  It turned out even better than I envisioned.  Love it!

Stamps:  Bomb Diggity (There She Goes)
Paper:  Tangerine Tango, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Howlstooth & Scaringbone dp (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Going Gray (Stampin' Up); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic:  0, C1, T1, T4, T6, E000, E00, E30, E42, R20, YR12, YR15, YR18, E19
Misc:  Fishtail Flags STAX die (My Favorite Things); Star Dust Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!