Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Kindred Spirits

I have one last card using this pretty piece of Parisian Breeze paper!  I was looking at the scraps and contemplating what else I could do when I remembered this quilt-style technique.  I got out my 1" square punch and cut fifteen squares from the remaining paper.  I adhered them very carefully to a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and then zig-zagged the seams with my sewing machine.


After sewing the inner seams, I glued the pieced panel to a larger piece of Baja Breeze cardstock and then sewed along the outer edges.  I about squealed when I saw the finished product.  It was just too darn cute!!  (I also heaved a sigh of relief that I didn't mess it up.)

I glued the whole thing to a Crumb Cake card base.  For my sentiment, I cut more Crumb Cake with the Framed Greetings die and added faux stitching with a marker.   I stamped the sentiment and then dressed it up with some flowers fussy cut from the decorative paper.


I very carefully cut one of the last scraps of Parisian Breeze paper in half using an exacto knife and metal ruler.  (It was too small to use my big paper cutter.)  Whew, didn't mess that up either!  :)  I adhered them inside the card, making sure to use both prints to match the front.  In hindsight, it would have looked cool to stitch them together, but I'm still really pleased with the finished card.  Isn't the sentiment just perfect?   :)

Stamps:  Quilter's Sampler Sentiments (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Parisian Breeze (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Rich Cocoa (Memento)
Misc:  Chocolate Chip marker (Stampin' Up); Framed Greetings die (My Favorite Things); 1" square punch (EK Success); thread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!