Saturday, January 18, 2014

I'm Mad About You

I was looking at Seize the Sketch #11 (found here) and thinking over what Kraftin' Kimmie stamp to use since they are the sponsor this time.  I didn't really want to color, because my colorless blender marker is dry, when all of a sudden, this crazy idea flashed in my head.  I chose a black and white color scheme with just a few splashes of red, plus a rather tongue-in-cheek sentiment.



My daughter laughed when she saw it.  It makes me smile too.  :)  "We're all mad here," to quote the infamous Cheshire Cat.  I love the Alice in Wonderland series of stamps at Kraftin' Kimmie!  I didn't have anything close to this sentiment in my stamps, so I printed one off using the computer.  I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to carefully stamp the Cheshire Cat so it would look as if he was sitting on the flag banner.  I cut/embossed several hearts using Pure Poppy cardstock and my Fashionable Hearts Embosslits.  I love the cute patterns it gives the hearts.

Inside the card, I adhered a white panel for writing a message (black is a little dark for that) and added two more hearts. 


Because the card is so understated, the red really pops, which was my intent.  It's very different than the other love cards I've been making and I love its quirky madness.   :)


Stamps:  The Cheshire Cat (Kraftin' Kimmie)
Paper:  White, True Black, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Misc:  Fishtail Flags STAX, Fishtail Flags Layers STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Fashionable Hearts Embosslits (Stampin' Up); corner chomper (Crop-a-Dile)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!