Monday, January 13, 2014

Butterfly Love

Since I had this pretty paper out already, I made another card using the leftover pieces.   I used Freshly Made Sketch #118 for the layout.  This time I used more of the flower print on a Baja Breeze card base.
 


I embossed a smaller piece of the Baja Breeze with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  I stamped my sentiment and the butterfly body using Dark Chocolate ink on a Crumb Cake cardstock square.  I stamped two sets of butterfly wings on Baja Breeze cardstock with the matching ink and then punched them out.  After I stamped the butterfly body on the top layer, I put them together, bending the wings for dimension, and then glued it in place.  I distressed the Crumb Cake edges to add more texture.


Inside the card, I added one more strip of the flower print to dress it up a little bit.  Voila!  A pretty spring-y card to brighten up this cold January.  You can see other cards using the sketch here

Stamps:  Flight of the Butterfly, Butterfly Prints (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Parisian Breeze (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up); Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Misc:  Elegant Lines embossing folder (Stampin' Up); Butterfly punch (Stampin' Uo); distress tool 


2 comments:

  1. So pretty, love the colours and patterned paper you've used. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful with a beautiful colour combo! This is one of my all-time favourite DSPs and only have a smidge left! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!