Saturday, November 16, 2013

Joyeux Noel

Have I mentioned before how much I love snowflakes?  I have a snow-themed Christmas tree with white lights and it makes me smile every Christmas season.  I can't wait to set it up in two weeks!  It's hard to pass up snowflake stamps in their infinite variety.  I love the unique designs!

I already had this Verve set out on my desk from my last card, since I used a sentiment from it, and wanted to make a card with the set before putting it away.  I love the pretty snowflakes!  I recently got the new Smoky Slate color from Stampin' Up.  The markers for Smoky Slate and Soft Sky were laying side by side in my bag, and it struck me how pretty the two colors were together, and just how perfect they would be for a wintry card.


I used the latest Deconstructed sketch (found here).  I'm also posting it for the Verve Diva Dare challenge to use a common shape.  What could be more common than squares?  :)  The snowflakes could count for a common shape too.  They certainly are some of my favorite shapes!  :D


I embossed the Smoky Slate cardstock with a pretty tile pattern by Cuttlebug.  I stamped the Soft Sky cardstock with smaller versions of the snowflake, and for the angled lines in the sketch, I used Scor-Tape to make pretty strips of glitter.  I topped it all off with a large snowflake stamped in Soft Sky and enhanced with glittery Stickles.  Snowflakes and glitter naturally go together!  (any excuse, right?)

Stamps:  Glad Tidings (Verve)
Paper:  Soft Sky, Smoky Slate (Stampin' Up); White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Soft Sky, Smoky Slate (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Decorative Tile embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Frosted Lace Stickles; Carrara Marble glitter (Martha Stewart); Scor-Tape, pop-dots

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour comb and love the EF you used. Fabulous take on Jen's sketch too. Thanks for joining in on the Shape Up Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! How can I be related to someone so talented?!?!?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!