Monday, August 26, 2013

Stamp-a-Faire: Gallon Quart Pint

The principle behind this challenge was to use three colors in measured amounts for balance.  I used Spring Moss for my gallon, Pure Poppy for my quart, and Ripe Avocado for my pint.  Since I was pressed for time and needed inspiration, I case'd Ashley Cannon Newell, one of the design team members.  (her card is here)  I also got the inspiration for my flowers from another challenge participant, Luanne Ford.  (you can see her card here


White is considered a neutral for this technique, so I used it for my card base and sentiment panel.  On the Spring Moss cardstock, I stamped Background Basics: Text Style using VersaMark ink.  I really like the subtle look.

I stamped my flower and leaves using black ink, and then fussy cut around them before putting them on the card.  I love detail work like that.  (but I still want the matching dies!)  I was in quite a hurry when I glued everything down and realized too late that my sentiment was higher than I wanted.  I would fix that if I were to recreate this card.  Oh well!

Stamps:  In Bloom, Background Basics: Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White, Spring Moss, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!