Friday, February 8, 2013

Violets

Well, the anniversary festivities are in full swing over at Papertrey Ink as they celebrate six years in business.  Today's challenge is to create a card with one of their Year of Flowers stamp sets.  Since I only have one of the series, it made my choice very easy!  lol  My husband was laid off the year they were all released so I only bought the first one.  The rest are definitely on my wish list though!  I'm excited that PTI is finally releasing matching dies for all of them.


 

I kept my card fairly simple since I was racing to get it done before I lost daylight.  Since I don't have a light tent, I prefer taking my photos outdoors when I can.  Naturally, if I had more time, I would redo a few things.  The background stamping turned out lighter than I wanted and the white dots look rather out of place as a result.  I still like the card though.

I used Plum Pudding to stamp the violets on a matching card base, masking to add leaves as I went along.  I added subtle shading with a Copic marker.  I think next time I will just shade around the outline and leave it at that.  Maybe it would stand out more.  Either way, I think a darker purple ink would work better.  Oh well!   :)

I stamped the violet and leaves on a strip of white cardstock, adding color with Copic markers, and then stamped the sentiment from the same set.  There is some yellow glitter at the center of the violet.  Subtle, but it really catches the eye.  Hopefully you can see it in the close-up pic.  I layered the strip on Lavender Moon cardstock to complement the lighter purple in the violet.

So there you have it!  If you want to see many projects using the other Year of Flowers sets, go to Nichole Heady's blog here. You can join in the anniversary excitement yourself!  I can't wait to see what else happens over the next week.  :)

Stamps:  Year of Flowers: Violets (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Plum Pudding, White, Lavender Moon (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Plum Pudding (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic:  0, C1, V91, V95, V99, Y32, Y35, YG11, YG13, YG17
Misc:  Lemon Drop glitter (Martha Stewart); white gel pen (Inkssentials) 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!