Saturday, February 23, 2013

Thinking of you

One of my friends requested a sympathy card, so I used the colors from one of the Splitcoaststampers Love Fest challenges.  You can see the inspiration pic and color scheme here.  I don't have any Unity stamps, so I pulled out an oldie-but-goodie Verve set called Petals & Stems.


I stamped my own background paper using each part of the flower in a different color.  (a nod to the inspiration pic flowers)  I also cut out one of each layer for the main panel's flower, stamping the stem in Chocolate Chip ink, and then layering the petals for dimension.  I kept the rest of the card design simple to let the colors shine.  Inside, I stamped another sentiment and matted it with a scalloped Chocolate Chip layer to match the front of the card.

Stamps:  Petals & Stems (Verve); Pond Life (Papertrey Ink); Thoughts & Prayers (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up)
Misc: Classic Rectangles Large dies, Scalloped Rectangles Large dies (Spellbinders)  

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!