Thursday, January 10, 2013

Daisy Jar

I was recently asked to create a birthday card for a friend's mom.  Daisies are her favorite flower, so I just had to use this pretty image from the Friendship Jar series by Papertrey Ink. 



The flowers look so sweet in the mason jar!  I stamped the daisies first and colored them with Copic markers.  Then I stamped the jar over top and finished with the blue water.  I cut out the entire image using both scissors and an exacto knife.  That took some extra time, but I love the way it looks against the kraft card base.  I stamped the kraft with a text background image using kraft ink and then sponged around the edges of the card.  I added some patterned paper and blue scallop trim at the bottom, as well as along the inside of the card at the fold.  It dressed it up quite nicely!

I used the jar label die along with a "celebrate today" sentiment on the jar, and then added a "happy birthday" sentiment inside the card.  I really wanted to incorporate the number 70 somehow since it's her mom's 70th birthday, but nothing I had would work.  Let's just say that I bumped several items higher up on my wish list while I was making this card!  lol 

I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  I think the card captures the feeling of nostalgia just perfectly.  Shoot, I would be thrilled to get this card!   :)  I may make another one or two to keep on hand.

Stamps:  Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Fillers, Background Basics: Text Style, Botanical Silhouettes (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Kraft, White, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink); Marjolaine 6x6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Classic Kraft, Spring Rain (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic:  0, C1, T1, YG91, YG93, YG95, Y13, Y15, Y17
Misc:  Scallop border punch (Stampin' Up); Jar Label die (Papertrey Ink) 

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Love the jar full of daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you are so excited. I would be thrilled if I made such a gorgeous card too! Fabulous colouring and cutting.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully stamped and colored! I especially love the subtle text on the kraft background, and the strip of patterned paper grounds the image perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!