Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Happy Birthday

Here's a card for the September SFYTT sketch challenge.  (photo linked below)  This month's sponsor is Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and I really love their Moonlight Whispers line.  Since my youngest daughter's birthday was this past Sunday, I used this cute Francesca image holding a stack of cupcakes to make a card for her.



Pink.  Lots of pink.  Her favorite color, of course.   :)   She loves the card and that's really all that matters.  The colors match much better than the picture shows.  It's pretty cute in person!

I raided my paper scraps and found the scalloped vellum piece, strip of lighter pink, and the two pieces of Razzleberry Lemonade paper.  Very convenient!  I kept it simple with very little layering.  Francesca was colored with Copic markers, cut out, and then mounted on an embossed white Labels Eight die cut using pop-dots.  It's difficult to see, but I filled in the cupcake sprinkles with a glitter gel pen for some sparkle.  I stamped the background with a cupcake using a VersaMark inkpad to fill in the empty space.  Then I just stamped the sentiment over top.

Stamps:  Francesca (Kraftin' Kimmie); Eat Cake (Stampin' Up)
Paper:  White, Hibiscus Burst, Vellum (Papertrey Ink); Melon Mambo, Razzleberry Lemonade (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento); VersaMark
Copic:  0, C1, T1, E000, E00, E30, E42, E55, E57, E59, R20, RV13, RV17, Y15, YG25, B41, B91, B95, B97
Misc:  Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Labels Eight die (Spellbinders); Scallop border punch (Stampin' Up); glitter gel pen, pop-dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!