Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Anni-VERVE-sary 2012 Challenge: Day 3

Why yes, I did skip day two in case you're wondering.  lol  I'm not necessarily doing these in order, unless you count the order of inspiration.  lol  Actually, I made this card first!  I had to go to high school open house with my kids tonight, so I'm going to go ahead and post this card now.  Then I'll get back to my studio.   :)

For this card, I used Beautiful Kindness.  (check out the Verve store here to see all their designs)  I love the butterflies and sentiments in this particular set.  What's funny is that I used pink and green with black instead of brown - very similar to day one's color combo and completely by accident, since I made this card first.  It looks very different though!  It just happened as I mixed patterns from the Urban Prairie paper.  The challenge for day three is a sketch as seen below.



I used my Copic markers to add graduated-style coloring to the butterfly using the patterned paper as my guide for color choice.  It really pops against the white polka-dot embossed circle.  I selectively inked my sentiment so I could fit it in the space left on the green mat, and also added some black scallop trim to the edge.  I wasn't too sure where I was going when I started, so I'm quite pleased that the card turned out so well!  :)

Stamps:  Beautiful Kindness (Verve)
Paper:  White, True Black, Urban Prairie (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic:  Y15, Y17, R83, R85, YG93, YG95
Misc:  Scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up); Metallic Basics Mini Circle brads (Making Memories); Standard Circles die, Petite Scallop Circle Small die (Spellbinders); Polka Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!