Friday, August 24, 2012

Anni-VERVE-sary 2012 Challenge: Day 2

Whew, got my last anni-VERVE-sary challenge done!  Day two's challenge was to make an anniversary card with either wood or silver accents.  This is actually my second attempt, since I couldn't get anywhere with the first one.  I'm not 100% satisfied with this card either, but the challenge deadline is approaching and I seriously need a nap.  I was up at 2:45 am to get ready for some TV interviews to promote the airshow tomorrow.  So here is my little anniversary card in all its glory!


It's pretty straightforward.  I just embossed two of the layers for texture and cut out the monkeys, stacking them on top of each other.  I tried to get a decent image using my Rich Cocoa Memento inkpad so I could do some Copic coloring, but it is a little too wet and the images came out splotchy, so I gave up and used my Dark Chocolate inkpad instead.  I stamped the little hearts on the monkeys to add at least some color.  They still look stark to me, but I'm probably being a little too nitpicky.  lol  Anyone else do that?  :)

Obviously, I used wood for my accent, both for the button and the branch embossing behind the monkeys.  The button is tied with a bit of red DMC floss.  So there you have it!  I finished all five Verve challenges in just 2-1/2 days.  That has to be a record for me.  It was fun to get out all my Verve sets and play around!  Check out the Verve store here to see their cute images.   :)

Tomorrow is the monthly Papertrey Ink blog hop, so make sure to drop by to see my post in the morning.  Speaking of, I'd better get back in the studio.  (well, after my nap!)

Stamps:  Love Monkey (Verve)
Paper:  White, Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Real Red (Stampin' Up)
Misc:  Heart Blocks and Forest Branches embossing folders (Cuttlebug); Real Red marker (Stampin' Up); #304 DMC floss; Rustic Wood button (Papertrey Ink); 7/8" square punch (EK Success)

1 comment:

  1. Super sweet! I love the darling stack of monkeys and the different dry embossing! I'd be 100% satisfied with this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!