Friday, June 15, 2012

Cruising By with a Birthday Hi

Well, it only took me a month to make this card.  Seriously.  I was playing with patterned paper and realized that this particular pattern looked like waves.  Since I had recently purchased a used By the Sea stamp set, I immediately thought of this adorable whale.  I cut a slit in the paper so it looked like it was in the water.  Then I added the cruise ship in the background and there I stopped.  I didn't know what else to do with it!

Yesterday, determined to finish it, I finally just picked the "cruising by" sentiment and stamped it on a banner diecut.  Like a previous card, I bent the banner to give the illusion of wind and then added it to the card in the empty space.  Not perfect, but I'm calling it done!


Stamps:  By the Sea (The Cat's Pajamas); Cruising Cosmo Girl (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Pocket Full of Posies Stack (DCWV)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic:  0, T1, T4, T6, B45
Misc:  Double-Ended Banner die (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!