Sunday, February 5, 2012

PTI Anniversary Day One: It's Your Day

The Papertrey Ink 5th anniversary celebration started today! I've been a fan since the very beginning and I am determined to participate in as many of this year's anniversary challenges as I can. Today the design team shared their favorite projects from last year and the challenge was to create a new project based off one of them. I chose Dawn McVey's project mostly because I already had a Tag Sale #4 cut out on my desk. Oh, sweet serendipity! ;) I also really liked the flower accent and wanted to make another flower with my Spellbinders dies.

I chose Orange Zest cardstock for my flower, crumpled it up and sponged it as usual, and then finished it off with a Dark Chocolate button. I stamped the leaf sprigs using Turning a New Leaf and then cut them out. Boy, do I wish I had the matching dies! I angled the tag slightly on my card and stamped a sentiment from Tag-Its #2. The background is stamped with Dark Chocolate circles and then I added Orange Zest centers to echo the color of the flower. It makes a fun background without detracting from the flower itself.

This was a fun card to make and fairly quick. It's obviously inspired by Dawn's card, but has my own personal touches as well. Thanks to all the PTI design team for their amazing projects month after month! Hopefully, I did them justice. :D

Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, Polka Dot Basics, Tag-Its #2 (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: White, Orange Zest (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Orange Zest (Papertrey Ink)
Misc: Tag Sale #4 die (Papertrey Ink); Peony dies (Spellbinders)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann! Your card turned out so cute! I love your adorable background pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!