Tuesday, February 14, 2012

PTI Anniversary Day Ten: Pop-Up Cupcake

Today's PTI challenge was interactive cards and I had so many ideas, but very little time. Between a rehearsal, errands, after school stuff, and a performance, I'm lucky I was able to get one card done. The front didn't turn out quite like I envisioned in my head, but I'm very pleased with the inside. I nearly squealed over my discovery!

The Mat Stack 3 die makes a perfect popup base. I simply used a ruler and bone folder to make scoring lines right below the curve, halfway through the square section, and right above the lower curves. I will definitely be using this die to make popup cards again! I'm pretty proud of myself for figuring that out! :D


Isn't that cool? I tried to get the pic at an angle so you could see the die cut base. I added Stickles to the cupcake frosting and used Copics on the candles. Really, the inside is my favorite part on this card. The colorful cupcakes really "pop" against the white card. lol Pun intended. :)

Stamps: Cupcake Collection, Polka Dot Basics, Simple Alphabet, Shapes By Design (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copic: Y15, YR15, YR18, BG11, BG23
Misc: Mat Stack 3 die, Banner Builder dies (Papertrey Ink); silver cord; Frosted Lace (Stickles); Scor-Tape

6 comments:

  1. I have this die. Thanks for the great tip! And yes, very clever of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cool! Im finding more uses for my dies with this challenge (doesn't change the fact that I still want all the new release, lol!). Thanks for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. And, I love how you colored those cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow are you smart! Great idea and one I am going to CASE. Great job of thinking outside of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great find!! What a great way to use what you have to make something work like this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it!